Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New year resolution.

I usually dont set any new year resolutions, I dont think I should wait for the end of the year to decide to do something to improve my life same as I usually dont like to wait for Mondays to start a diet, or more appropriate, healthy regimen.

This year went so fast, but it feels like the past 20 years went like the blink of an eye anyway.

If I was to set a goal for the 2010, it would be to be healthier and spend more quality time with my family. Travel would be also very nice, I just dont see that happen soon.

I guess I should set a goal for my business, after the slow bump I had during these holidays and the catching up I have to do, there is alot to be done and planned, but honestly right now I am just dreading it.

I thought taking time off would do the trick and help me reset, but I was wrong. Instead I came back to a lots of work and not much energies to actually do the job.

Also beginning of the year means fees! Money lots of money to keep this thing going and at this point I am not too sure is still worth it.

I wish I felt exited and full of new ideas to start the new year with DesiderioChocolates in full gear, but I dont and the only thing that makes me feel at ease is the thought of letting it go.

Maybe a year off?

But then I dont want to disappoint all the family and friends that always supported and believed in me, the customers that never stopped appreaciating my work and for whom I feel extremely grateful.

Well still a year off would be better than just completely give up on the past 6 years of work, hopes and sacrifices.

Today is the 30th of December I need to make a decision.

What to do?



1 comment:

  1. If it's more a chore than an enjoyment then I think you should take a break.
    I know you don't want to disappoint your customers, but you should think of yourself first. Really there's nothing more important!
    Whatever decision you make I hope it'll help find the right balance.
    Happy new year Vanni!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Followers