Friday, December 18, 2009

Back and not ready.

I know the title of the blog is deceiving because I really have not posted much about my chocolate adventure.
I was hoping to be more motivated once I was back home, come out with some new ideas to start my holiday production with an extra gear.
The actual plan was to dive full time into my chocolate business, but life got in the way and we had to go with it. That is why I got tired and demotivated about my chocolates, there are too many things to take care of on a daily basis, and so few energies left.
Usually every time I was in the kitchen to make chocolates, it was a relaxing time, I enjoyed every minute of it, but lately is just another thing I have to do and it is not so enjoyable or even inspiring, I just want to be done with it.
The vacation was extended an extra week which usually is a good thing, but when you are in the middle of the busiest season, it is a suicide! I should have known better, but my hubby really needed it and I was happy to enjoy the family little longer.
Now though,I am in trouble, the production is way way behind and I am experiencing some major pain in my hands and arms, I have carpal tunnel syndrome and the extra work I was welcomed back with, at my day time job, didn't help at all. Now I have not much left to get the chocolates done. Plus I found the kitchen very warm, which is a big no no, that messed with colors temper and the chocolate. So I find myself have to re clean the molds and what is worst polish them!! I am afraid I am not going to be able to do more than just fill the case at the Glacier at this point, and that would be ok I guess, I need to make sure I get back in gear for the next season which is right behind the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers