Monday, May 2, 2011

Vegan chocolate making, first try.



This weekend I did my very first batch of Vegan milk chocolate. Used half dose of the formula, since I figure the melangeur will probably needs to be conditioned.
The end result is not too bad but it definatelly needs some improvments. The flavor profile is little bit off, now I know that it needs couple of days to mature and to settle, but the sweetness in general is a bit off. I am assuming is the dairy free milk powder I used, is a soy free type and has a slightly lingering sweetness, that I dont like. The texture is good, but I would rather have something little bit creamier.
I have order a soy based vegan milk powder mix, I want to experiment and see if I can get the creaminess I want. I will be trying rice milk powder as well, but one thing at a time.
Mother's day approaching and I have still few orders to complete, I will be spending some time at the kitchen this week, and I will be visiting the Colorado Chocolate Festival on Saturday. After that I will be experimenting a lot more with chocolate making, even though my vegan live is going very well and I might be really busy really soon :-) Be careful what you wish for right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers