Sunday, October 18, 2009

Marshmallows


Marshmallows are fun to make. I have never even thought I could make them at home. Then one day I found a recipe, give it a try and ta da! I was hooked! And so are many of the people that tried them. Its hard to think tasty fluffy marshmallow when the only reference you have are those tasteless ones found at the grocery store. The homemade one are very fluffy, tasty and they melt in your mouth. The array of flavors combination is limited only to one's creativity and boldness.
I have tried many flavors and so many more to test, some are a staple in my collection, like the Vanilla Bean Salted Caramel, Raspberry Chambord, Mint, Pumpkin Pie (fall flavor), Brandy Cinnamon and few more. They are all made with fresh ingredients like raspberry or pumpkin puree', fresh organic vanilla beans and high quality liquors.
I recently play with the idea of a Peanut Butter and Jelly Marshmallow. So the other night, since I couldn't sleep anyway because baby boy is not a good sleeper, I decided to give it a try and made them.
My husband commented, after trying a piece, that it tasted like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white bread! The white bread thing is because its pretty much banned from our kitchen, unless I bake Italian or peasant bread, and even then I always add a good amount of whole wheat flour and flax seed meal.
They really taste like a Pb&J sandwich, soft melt-in-your-mouth little pillows of tastiness! I cut some as lollipops and the left over in little pieces rolled in corn starch and confectionery sugar. I served them with tonight dinner, along with the Pumpkin Cake and an Italian Cappuccino (Oh Yummy! Need to remember to make it more often).
The challenge is that the marshmallows are so soft and tender that it's hard to hold them into the lollipop sticks, I use the long clear plastic ones, which are very slick . Well there might be room for improvement but the taste needs to stay exactly the same, and I added them to my collection.

2 comments:

  1. Non sono bravissima con l'inglese.. ma avevo piacere a lasciarti un bacio.
    Un abbraccio

    Silvia Sm+ (NdC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Silvia, Grazie un bacione ed un'abbraccio a te. Spero che tutto vada bene dalle tue parti :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers